Do you know if the Flower Picking outfit is identical to the Kite flying outfit except the flowers instead of a kite? I have been wanting the original Kite flying outfit, but if they are the same, then I can just buy the new version. Thanks!
Hi: As you know, Addy's Kite Flying Outfit was changed to Addy's Flower Picking Outfit a while back.
I have called and asked if the flowers are available as a replacement part. Answer has always been "no".
I was looking at Addy's Party Treats and there is a bunch of flowers in there. Those flowers are available as a replacement part for $4.00 - if anyone is interested.
They are the same flowers, you just have to ask for them under the right heading.
Do you know if the Flower Picking outfit is identical to the Kite flying outfit except the flowers instead of a kite? I have been wanting the original Kite flying outfit, but if they are the same, then I can just buy the new version. Thanks!
It's the same - or I'd be buying the Flowering Picking Outfit - because I like to collect the whole set.
There must have been some problem with the kite - either with breaking, or a vendor problem.
Since the kite poles were made form plastic, I would bet it breaks easily. It's also hard to get the kite to stay "flying" but I'm sorry they retired the kite because it's an integral part of the short story "High Hopes for Addy" and should have been sold with the striped dress.
The kite is really cute with the outfit. This is an inventory picture but the Kite is on a wire so she can hold it.
Addy's Kite
I have the table flowers but may have to get a second set for this outfit to be current.
I didn't know they had retired the kite.
^j^ Mrs.C.
I hate when they retire things too. I haven't called CS, but it's been gone for awhile now. Would be great if it's still available. I have it, but some things it's nice to have a back up on. I just didn't want to order another dress to get the flowers.
So I am guessing you can't get the kite as a replacement part? I should put that on my "to make" list.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would assume that the change was made because it was cheaper to produce a bunch of fake flowers than it was to produce the kites.Originally posted by craftycarol51:
There must have been some problem with the kite - either with breaking, or a vendor problem.
The Kite Flying outfit is at the Outlet for $24.
Thanks, I am assuming that it comes with the kite (sorry, had to ask).
Also, where is the outlet that you speak of? Would like to go there.
Thanks
Bookmarks